Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Impersonator

Hello all! So I'm not actually sure if "impersonator" is spelled correctly because I don't feel like getting a dictionary and looking it up. My profuse apologies if it is incorrectly spelled.
Anyway, of late my life seems to be consumed by attempting to be "adult"- setting up my own computer, working (on the rare a occasions I actually get scheduled), managing my bank account (including a credit card which I have yet to use),registering to vote and procuring a mail-in ballot, and trying to prepare for college. It all feels very strange. Whenever I use my new college ID, or my debit card, or make any sort of decision that I could not have made a year ago, I feel like someone is suddenly going to see through my maturity and demand that I cease trying to fool them into thinking that I'm an adult. Don't get me wrong, I am very much enjoying all my new freedoms, they just feel really weird.

3 comments:

RachelRenae said...

I'm really excited you have a blog now. You picked a good name too! I know how you feel- like someone might catch you pretending to be an adult. I get that feeling a lot still except I have a wedding ring, so they suspect me less. You have to be grown up to be married, right? Ha!

Anyway, I'm really excited for you.

Amy said...

I'm glad you approve of the name. It came to me in a flash of glorious inspiration after an hour's thinking.

RachelRenae said...

"glorious inspiration" hahaha