Friday, November 14, 2008

Ahhhhh!

I am so overwhelmed right now. There's so much that I have to do. I have a psychology exam on Monday, and the hardest English paper of my life to write by Thursday. I have to work on memorizing the muscles in the arms and legs and reviewing everything we've covered in anatomy so far. It's getting time for thinking about Christmas presents but I have no money and I'm going to have to make all of them so I need to figure out what on earth I can make for everyone. I need to look into holiday jobs so I can try to make a little money. I'm praying about going on another mission trip next summer (should I go?, where should I go?, what about going on a road trip with Shannon?, do either of us have the money for a road trip anyway?). So many things to think about! And I thought (briefly) about the possibility of joining ROTC, but it seems hasty and, well, insane, to agree to being in the army for four years after graduation, regardless of what the benefits are, so I will certainly not be doing that (baring the audible voice of God commanding me to do so which I think is unlikely).

As I write these things out they seem much less important. Really, I suppose they're all pretty small things. I find it interesting, and quite timely, that on Wednesday at Navigator's our speakers talked about trusting God. Something I need to work on doing perhaps?

6 comments:

Janella said...

No comment on the ROTC thing, except thank God you didn't think about it long!!!!!!!

As for Christmas presents, just having you and Rachel and Stephen around is Christmas enough for me!!

Amy said...

:D

Janella said...

So what is this paper you have to write and why is it your hardest so far?

You are doing great with memorizing all the stuff in anatomy!!

RachelRenae said...

Ok, first I don't want you working while we're home for Christmas!

And about the ROTC thing... AWWW, Hell No!

Amy said...

It did not take me long to come to the same conclusion on ROTC. I was never really seriously considering it anyway, just toying with the idea.

My paper is really about anything I want it to be about. it's a research paper and I have to do two on the same topic but in different ways. This one has to be in a certain style of thinking and arguing.

StephenH said...

You could just a paint a picture of the "sexy face" and then take it to kinkos, blow it up so your parents can hang it above the mantle. As for me and Rachel...I think she'll be happy with a fancy chocolate bar and I'm still just happy you didn't punch me for dating your sister...so that is still gift enough for this year. Seriously, don't stress too much over it. Like Janella Mominalaw said, it is being together that matters most!