Thursday, October 22, 2009

*SIGH*

So remember how I was going to always plan my use of frozen chicken ahead of time? I fail. As a result I now have an addition to make to my list of cooking lessons: always take your own advise. On Tuesday I got home, wanted to make chicken fried rice, remembered that the chicken was still frozen and decided to blaze on ahead anyway. Bad choice. I ended up with something strangely akin to rubber, sponge, and chicken all at once. I had already made a terrible choice in deciding to re-freeze this chicken and then I just added on to it. I couldn't even pry the chicken out of the tray, much less pry the two breasts apart- so I ran hot water over it- a great idea, had I put the chicken in a plastic bag first.

3 comments:

a.matson said...

Ah...the things that we learn in college. Invaluable, are they not?:) I think that you are an experiential learner. Good luck with the next cooking adventure!

Anonymous said...

like I said, get used to it :) or use a microwave....

Amy said...

I am attempting to get used to it- and I think I'm handling my misadventures rather well. :) lt's a good thing that nursing school is set up for the "experiential learners".