Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Africa- Installment 4

What day are we on now? Right. Friday. Friday I saw a little girl (maybe 5 or 6) manifest a demon. She fell down and started screaming and writhing on the floor. It's bad enough to see an adult who's tormented by a demon, but when it's a child, oh.. that's just not acceptable. The pastor and I prayed for God's peace for the girl and the demon immediately shut up and the girl was normal again. The girl's mother was some sort of leader in the church and we prayed with her for the girl to be free from the demon.

One of the craziest things of the entire trip for me happened that afternoon. It still baffles me. I was talking with a woman and the conversation seemed to be going well. There were no translators nearby but that turned out not to be a problem because she apparently spoke English, perfect English. We had been talking for a while when suddenly nothing I said seemed to make sense to her anymore. She then looked up at me, apparently very confused, and said, in perfect English, "I speak only Swahili. I don't speak English. You are speaking to me in Swahili". Crazy, huh? Unfortunately after that we were unable to communicate at all. She then talked with one of the men from the church for a little while and they both seemed contented and moved on. I don't know what exactly happened or what God did with her, but I would like to think that God did something with that conversation. Perhaps we lost our understanding of each other because the conversation had gone as far as it needed to, I don't know. Anyway, it was crazy.

We had one more day of the conference, in which I don't remember anything too terribly exciting happening. Well, at least not any major healings though certainly there were people who got healed and people who gave their lives to Christ, which is exciting enough right?

The following day we headed off for Ngorongoro for a few (awesome) days of safari before leaving Tanzania. Basically, the trip rocked (in case you hadn't gotten that already); lots of healings (each day we had people dancing on stage who had previously been unable to walk), lots of salvations, and lots of lives touched by God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I am glad I waited to read this all until it was finished! Thanks for the updates, it is so inspiring. But I know I asked you when we had coffee, and maybe I forget the answer, but I will ask again. How come in Africa and not US, healings and such intense possessions?