Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Huzzah!

My first thought upon typing the title of this blog was,"ah! that's the kind of word that's spelled the same backwards as forwards!" But upon closer inspection it turns out that it is not. If you type it backwards you get hazzuh. Huh. Kinda of awkward. Not as great as huzzah. But whether you prefer huzzah or hazzuh, the point is, today I passed my first semester of clinical! I still have two final exams next week, but I've finished my first clinical.

It's been an awesome semester. I've enjoyed clinical (at least most of the time). For those of you who don't know, I've been in the hospital 1 day a week for 8 hours caring for two patients at a time. I'd be responsible for my patient's primary care (hygiene, making the bed, helping them get up) as well as vitals signs, assessments of the pt.'s condition, wound care, catheter care, and medications. I like working with patients and I'm still sure that this is what I want to do.

I'm now looking for a job for the summer as a CNA so be praying that I find something.

1 comment:

Janella said...

We are very proud of you as you finish up your sophomore year! You've done a great job in your clinicals, as we knew you would. I'm glad you've got had the opportunity to see the things you've seen, and been able to reach out to your patients and pray with them and give them comfort. You are a wonderful nursing student and will be an awesome nurse!