Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rachel has tagged me.
The rules are:

Post the rules on your blog
Write 6 random things about yourself
Tag 6 people at the end of your post
If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

1) I can't stand to have my toe nails unpainted but I can't stand to have my fingernails painted. On the rare occasions when I do paint my finger nails I usually end up removing the paint within the hour regardless of what color I use.

2) My handwritten notes always have to look nice. It irritates me when a word doesn't look nice or match the look of the rest of what I've written so I often erase the offending word and rewrite it. It gets very irritating in classes where I have to write fast to keep up with what's being said.

3) When I'm painting or coloring a large swath of space one color I can't merely work from one side to the other. I have to color other random spots in between and then color in the rest by enlarging those spots to meet each other. I feel like that makes it faster and less boring.

4) When I'm off running mundane errands (like grocery shopping) I like to sing the Indiana Jones theme song (or other adventurous tunes) to make it seem less boring. When I do this I almost always end up inadvertantly making weird faces and pretending to battle unseen foes around every corner. Somehow I manage to not run into many other shoppers while doing this.

5) I'm mildly afraid of toilets. I'm fine with ones that flush quietly but I hate the explosive flushers- they always startle me even when I've just pushed the toggle (aka "lever") and am expecting the loud flush and I have to escape stall as quickly as possible.

6) I can't stand to wear shoes inside. THis is a habit that has carried over from my trip to Thailand two years ago. I feel rude wearing shoes inside anyone else's home and I just feel uncomfortable wearing shoes in my own home. I also don't like to let people see the bottoms of my old dirty shoes- for example, if I'm wearing a well used pair of flip flops I have to take them off if I'm going to lift my foot up high enough for people to see the bottom of it because I feels rude making them see nasty shoe soles.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone accept Rachel reads this blog so I guess I can't tag anyone. Sad day.

6 comments:

Janella said...

I read your blog, and I'm enjoying it. I like being able to read it, especially with you away from home, so we don't get to hear all your daily happenings like we used to.

StephenH said...

And I read it as well...but I don't blog and the idea of having to come up with 6 whole random thingys is quite stressful to me. It is like those personality quizzes that make you answer obscure questions about yourself...as soon as you answer one question you go to the next question only to contradict your previous answer b/c the question was worded differently. Maybe I just don't know myself well enough...or maybe I do?

StephenH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StephenH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RachelRenae said...

ok so those last 2 were from me but I was still signed in under Stephen's name.

I love the one about handwritten notes... I have the same problem. Sometimes I will rewrite a message for my boss 3 or 4 times before I actually give it to him.

Amy said...

Mommy- I'm glad you enjoy being able to keep up with me with my blog. For the moment though, I think you've been getting more info from me when I'm at home than from my blog.

Stephen- The idea of having to write six whole things about myself was somewhat stressful to me as well. It took me a long time to write this blog. I completely agree about the personality quizzes- they suck.

Rachel- I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.