Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Triumph of the Coffee Maker

Upon typing in that title an image popped into my head of a coffee maker marching down the street after a triumphant battle. I can't say that I'm too fond of the image, so perhaps I should clarify that it is my triumph over the coffee maker.
Wednesday morning I was up and doing some english homework before going to my first class. I had read one paragraph of my reading assignment when I realized that I still felt rather sleepy and I thought "I want some coffee". Then, with great glee, I realized that we had coffee! I promptly threw down my homework, leaped off my bed and ran into the kitchen to begin. I have never actually made coffee before and really didn't know what I was doing so I poured 3 cups of water into the machine, and a pile of ground coffee into a filter (I didn't know how many oz are in a cup so i didn't know how much coffee to use) and it worked!
and the coffee wasn't disgusting! Sweet success! I marched around my apartment valiantly until my roommate got up. It was the perfect beginning to my day. (of course my english homework sat there on my bed barely touched for several hours).

5 comments:

RachelRenae said...

*using hands as scale* homework... coffee? homework... ... coffee? homework... coffee??

Coffee. I think you made the right call.

StephenH said...

"I love waking up and smelling the coffee...IN BRAZIL," said the large nosed jokester. If you haven't seen the movie "Roxanne", you should have a movie night and watch it. No promises, but it was really funny back in the day.

I find it best to do 3 tbs. of coffee for every 4 cups and set the coffee maker to "strong" if you have the option. Or, just do 1 tbs. for every cup. Then, use heavy whipping cream instead of sugar and half n' half.

Amy said...

Thank you for that advise Stephen, I will remember it next time I make coffee.
I'm not sure when I'll have time to watch the movie and we don't have a TV in our apartment so that complicates things.

Amy said...

An interesting phenomenon I have just noticed- it is currently 10:51 but it says I posted my comment at 9:51. Odd.

RachelRenae said...

You might have selected the wrong time zone on your blog settings.