Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hallelujah!

So, as you all know I have been in need of money for this mission trip. Well, for the past few weeks I haven't had any real hope that I was going to go. I keep saying "If God really wants me to go He'll provide the money even though it seems impossible" but I haven't actually thought I was going to go. I was just going to wait till May 15 (at which point I need all the money in) and then drop out of the trip if (and when) the money didn't come.

I came home for the weekend and upon arriving home found an envelope on my dresser. It was from my church. It was a check from my church (I have not filled out the application for financial assistance from the mission board- I was going to do that this weekend). I was somewhat surprised and pleased- that is until I opened the envelope and looked at the check- then I was whole lot more than just SOMEWHAT surprised or pleased- shocked, amazed, dumbfounded, ecstatic, might work better. Let's just put it this way- it was far more than i would have dared to expect or hope for. Suddenly this mission trip thing is seeming a lot more possible! Which is perhaps the scarier possibility!

(In other news, i think you should all know that there is a "Large Wife Sale" going on in my neighborhood. No joke! I saw a sign for it when I got off the highway!)

2 comments:

Janella said...

It's fantabulous!!! I didn't know you hadn't filled out the application yet. BTW, the envelope had arrived just an hour or so before you got home!

a.matson said...

Yay! I love it when God does that! "Large Wife Sale"? That's taking the mail-order bride concept a little far, I think.