Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Clinicals

I've been very lax about writing. My deepest apologies.
Anyway, on to our subject today! I'm not sure how much I've told you all about clinicals (you all mainly being all you Matsons as I think most of my other readers have heard about it in great detail), so I will summarize it for you:
Upon my last chat with my academic advisor I learned that there was the possibility of starting clinicals this fall (for you non-nursing people clinicals are when you actually go work at a hospital as part of your classes), however i needed a GPA of at least 3.3 (mine was slightly below that) and my AP scores weren't in. So I studied practically every spare moment I had, and after much drama managed to get the AP scores delivered, but I was sure I hadn't done quite well enough to get that 3.3. I'm sure you can see where this is going. I just checked my grades (finally) and my cumulative GPA is 3.331! I'll find out if a start clinicals mid summer (possibly while i'm in Tanzania).

2 comments:

Janella said...

We're thrilled!!

a.matson said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! I'm excited for you. That is freakin' fantastic! YAY!!!!