Monday, September 29, 2008

I have another campus oddity to report- the mysterious appearance of hay bales. There are small stacks of them all about campus, and in completely random places (though I'm not sure what locations would be normal or sensible for hay bales on a college campus). There are also small bits of hay all over the ground.

I have three pieces of information for you all:

1) I have no job! According to Panera I am "un-re-hireable". Why, I don't know. At any rate the Panera I was going to work for decided that there must be a reason for it (even though I was to be transfered down there so I cannot possibly be un-re-hireable). Yay! I'm broke! So please all pray for a job for me.

2) I got a 94% on my first Chem exam last week!

3) I got an A- on my first Psych exam!


On Thursday during my English class I discovered, much to my chagrin, that the 4 page essay which I had thought was due the following Thursday was, in fact due the next day. I had a poor thesis and pathetic outline. So on Friday I wrote the entire essay. That was fun, not. I think I did well enough on it. I think. I hope. I'm not sure I could have done much better if I had spent more time on it anyway.

Last night a friend (Jessie) and I went swing dancing down town. We had to U-turn a couple times, drive through a neighborhood and explore several different one-way streets to actually get to the parking lot only to find out that we were a half hour early. So (hmm random sound of large quantities of trash falling all over the place from the night outside my window) we explored the surrounding area a bit, which was not too interesting. We had a great time (once inside the building). There was one middle aged man we both danced with who smelled rather like Play-Do. He had a heavy accent and was chewing something. He was a good dancer but I have to say the combination of chewing a mysterious substance, and smelling like Play-Do was rather gross. Most of the guys there are pleasant, though (really all of them except that one), and a lot of them I met at the dance class at school.

Oh! Apparently mountain lions go up on the bluff behind my school sometimes. Jessie and her friends saw a paw print up there a while ago. Guess who's not going on walks up the bluff by her self any more! (My dad suggests I carry a large "kitty whopping stick". Maybe I'll do that.)

:)

7 comments:

Janella said...

Wallop the cat! Although "walloping" a cat is not something I would normally suggest, in the case of possibly saving your own life or the life of another, it is advisable, especially when said cat is not an 8 pounder.

Note to Amy and Rachel - "Wallop" is the cat's name in the song, not something that is done to the cat. :)

Janella said...

Perhaps the hay bales are for some fun autumn event that the school is planning. It is that time of year.

I'm so proud of you getting those grades, especially when you had a difficult time studying at home the weekend before the tests.

Have you looked on campus for a job yet? Anyway, something will turn up.

RachelRenae said...

Maybe they're decoration! You should stand near one and offer to take pictures of people sitting on them. For $15. (thus solving your job problem)

RachelRenae said...

(mommy, I like your new picture.)

Amy said...

I think someday i'll get a cat and name it Whallop.

The hay bales do appear to be decorational, especialing now that they are accompanied by dozens of foot tall happy scare crows on sticks which line the sidewalks. Before they were rather randomly placed though and appeared more random than decorative.

I have sort of started looking for jobs, but I must say taking pictures for $15 sounds like a fantastic option!

RachelRenae said...

the decoration sounds like something that might be more appropriate at an elementary school than at a college.

Janella said...

I was thinking it odd that a college campus would decorate this way as well. It's definitely not would you would expect to see at most campuses.