Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm not really sure where to start right now. I'll start with the random happenings around here or I'll forget them. The German exchange students who live in my building currently have a German flag gracing the outside of their window. It is the sole decoration on the outside of any of the buildings, and, come to think of it, the only flag I can think of anywhere nearby. The school for some unknown reason has torn out a beautiful green, lush, patch of grass near the dorms and is in the process of replacing it with astroterf! The fiends! On my way back from class today (after passing the abominable astroterf) I saw a couple signs tapped to lamp posts pointing off to the left towards some bushes and a parking lot bearing only the single word "event". Huh. So many unanswered questions. What event? When is said event? Where are they fitting this event? In the bushes? I think that does it for random happenings.

On to the real news!

I'm starting to wonder if this work thing is going to work out after all. I keep hitting complications with it. We'll see what God works out with it. I definitely need to pray about it (something I perhaps should have done in the first place). I'm thinking I'll put together a portfolio and make a business card and try to start selling my art.

Yesterday evening I went to swing dancing here at school. It was so much fun, and I already have freinds there! Everyone there is so cool! I love it! I'm going to start going to it regularly. It started with lessons and after that we just had fun dancing. Very relaxed atmosphere. And it was nice to just sit there and have the guys come up and ask us to dance and be so gentlemanly- it feels so right, it's so different from the way we normally do dances. I'm going with a new friend, Jessie, to a swing dancing place downtown this weekend. I'm so excited!

Today, after calling every friend I have around here and failing to find anyone available to eat dinner with me, I bought a delicious burrito at Chipotle and ate it sitting on my car in a parking lot at Garden of the Gods (in case you think I was just hanging out in an abandoned parking lot alone at night, not so. It was still light out and there were a lot of people around). I took a wrong turn while driving back and ended up driving through downtown rather than simply getting back to Garden of the Gods road (which would have been faster). Oh well, I had fun.

One last cool note: Last Thursday my hip was really hurting (I don't know why), and got worse as the day progressed. When I got in bad with it still hurting I decided that I didn't have to deal with it any more so I quickly and sleepily ordered the pain to go away in Jesus' name. After maybe 30 seconds I thought I should see if it was better so I moved my leg around and it didn't hurt, so I jumped out of bed and walked around and then started jumping around and it didn't hurt at all! Yay!

:)

3 comments:

j.matson said...

Gahahaha! First comment! Your so lucky to have Chipotle. I'm craving it now...

RachelRenae said...

Yeah, me too. :(

And about your hip... ZONINO and praise God! That stuff works, for real. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I'm going to put a sign up near some random park with the word "EVENT" and see what people do.

Amy said...

Thank you for commenting James! :)

I am very sorry that you both lack Chipotle. That is tragic indeed.